Tuesday, January 6

The Command Line

I didn't go to school to learn about computers, LIFE taught me about computers. I learned SQL on the job (well, maybe there's lots of study that's gone on since).

As a consequence, while I can write T-SQL better than I can write complete sentences in english, there's at least a few little basics that have escaped me along the line. So yesterday when I was trying to work out how to bring up a remote failed cluster node onto which I could no longer remote desktop, it was a revelation to me when someone told me how to remotely reboot a computer from the command line.

I thought "how do people know this black magic"?

And then I found the goods: An A-Z Index of the Windows XP command line

which looks quite similar to the TechNet article, but I'm not complaining.

No comments: